When you attempt to open the In-place Input Panel on your Windows XP Tablet PC Edition 2005 computer, you experience one or more of the following:
• The In-place Input Panel icon flashes repeatedly.
• The Tablet PC In-place Input Panel opens and closes.
• The Tablet PC In-place Input Panel closes when you start to write in the Writing Pad.
If the Input Panel is docked:
• When you attempt to insert handwriting into the location that has the active pointer focus, your ink disappears from the Input Panel and the text does not appear in the destination location.
• When you tap the keys on the keyboard, the text does not appear in the destination location.
This behavior can occur if the enabled the Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse) option in the Windows XP PowerToy TweakUI tool.
To fix this problem:
1. Start TweakUI.
2. Expand Mouse.
3. Select X-Mouse and clear the Activation follows mouse (X-Mouse) box.
4. Press Apply.
5. Press OK.
6. Shutdown and restart your Tablet PC.