When you open the Virtual Server Administration Website in Virtual Server 2005, you receive:
Could not connect to Virtual Server. Access was denied.
You can specify an alternate virtual server below.
This behavior will occur if Virtual Server 2005 is hosted on Windows XP with SP2 (Service Pack 2), or Windows Server 2003 with SP1 (Service Pack 1), because the enhanced security prevents access to the Virtual Server Administration Website.
To fix this problem:
01. Start / Run / dcomcnfg.exe / OK.
02. Expand Component Services / Computers / My Computer / DCOM Config.
03. Right-click Virtual Server and press Properties.
04. Select the Security tab.
05. Press Customize under Launch and Activation Permissions.
06. Press Edit.
07. Select Authenticated Users in the Group or user names area.
08. Select to the Allow box for Local Activation in the Permissions for Authenticated Users area.
09. If you want to enable remote activation, select the Allow box for Remote Activation.
10. Press Apply and OK.