When you try to manually start the RPC service, you receive:
Could not start the Remote Procedure Call (RPC) Service. Error 1058: The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it.
This behavior will occur if the RPC service is disabled in your current hardware profile.
To workaround this behavior:
1. Copy / Paste the following into a blank Notepad.exe window:
2. Save the file as C:\LEGACY_RPCSS.TXT.
3. Restart your computer is Safe Mode.
4. In Safe Mode, open a CMD.EXE window.
5. Type the following command and press Enter:
regedit /s C:\LEGACY_RPCSS.TXT
6. Restart your computer normally.