When you configure Control Panel / Power Options to turn off your Plugged in LCD monitor after 1 minute, it may not wake up in response to a key press if the following has occurred:
1. Your monitor goes to sleep.
2. You close the lid of your portable computer.
3. You disconnect the power source, so that the computer is using battery power.
This behavior could be a timing issue.
To fix this problem:
1. Copy / Paste the following to a LidClose.reg file:
2. Merge the LidClose.reg file with your registry, or run regedit /s LidClose.reg.