In Windows XP, the Anonymous Logon group is no longer a member of the Everyone group, which does have permissions to access the Analysis Services OLAP database. When the SSPI=Anonymous parameter is used, the client application cannot obtain metadata or query Analysis Services cubes.
There are two methods to enable an anonymous user to access Analysis Services:
Enable the Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users local security policy.
1. Start / Control Panel / Performance and Maintenance / Administrative Tools / Local Security Policy.
2. Navigate through Local Policies / Security Options and double-click Network Access: Let Everyone permissions apply to anonymous users.
3. Press Enabled.
4. Press OK.
Add the NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON account to an OLAP database role.
1. In the Analysis Manager tree, right-click the database and press Manage Roles.
2. Select the <role> in the Database Role Manager dialog and press Edit.
3. Press Add in the Edit a Database Role dialog.
4. In the Add Users and Groups dialog, type NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON into the Add Names box and press OK.
5. Press Close in the Database Role Manager dialog.