The Windows XP Corporate Deployment Tools (deploy.cab) assists system administrators in installing Windows XP on multiple computers. This file contains updates to Setup Manager, the Sysprep utility, and related documentation.
For more instructions on how to use the tools and perform an unattended setup, read "Windows Corporate Deployment Tools User’s Guide" (deploy.chm). This help file is included in the deploy.cab.
Note: The Corporate Deployment Tools are also available on the Windows XP Service Pack 1 CD in the \support\tools directory.
Typical download times: 1 minute @ 56K | 5 seconds @ T1
How to Download and Install
Note: The Windows XP SP1 Corporate Deployment Tools are not installed to a local directory on the hard drive; instead you must manually copy them from the deploy.cab file to the location of your choice.
- To begin the download, choose your language from the Select Language drop-down list at the top of this page, and then click Go.
- From the File Download dialog box, click Save this program to disk, and then click OK.
- Save the file to the location of your choice.
- Navigate to the file location and double-click Deploy.cab to access the help file (deploy.chm) and copy it to the location of your choice. The help file provides detailed information about each tool and instructions for how they should be extracted and used.
- Double-click deploy.cab to access the individual Deployment Tools and copy them to the location of your choice.