1. Install Windows XP SP1.
2. Use NTBackup to backup files and settings.
3. Remove SP1.
4. Use NTBackup to restore files and settings.
You might receive:
Entry Point Not Found
The procedure entry point LdrEnumerateLoadedModules could not be located in the dynamic link library Ntdll.dll.
You may be unable to restart your computer in normal and/or Safe mode.
Since the backup was created while SP1 was installed, SP1 must be installed to perform the restore.
To fix the problem:
1. Boot the Windows XP CD-ROM.
2. After Setup starts, press ENTER to continue.
3. Press ENTER to set up Windows now. DO NOT select the Recovery Console.
4. Press F8 to accept the licensing agreement.
5. Follow the on-screen instructions to Repair your installation.
6. After the restart of the repaired system, install SP1.
7. Restore your files and settings.
NOTE: You may have to reactivate Windows XP.
NOTE: If you had used the ASR Wizard to create the backup, and to restore the backup, this problem would not have occurred.