When you attempt to start replication from a Windows 2000 Advanced Server that is a domain controller, the File Replication log contains:
Event Source: NtFrs
Event Category: None
Event ID: 13507
Time: 3:44:54 PM
Description: The File Replication Service cannot start replication set DOMAIN SYSTEM VOLUME (SYSVOL SHARE) on computer
<ComputerName> for directory <Drive:>\winnt\sysvol\domain because the type of volume \\.\<Drive:>\ is not NTFS 5.0 or later.
The volume's type can be found by typing "chkdsk \\.\<Drive:>\". The volume can be upgraded to NTFS 5.0 or later
by typing "chkntfs /E \\.\<Drive:>\".</b>
To fix the problem:
1. Use ADSIEdit.msc, from the Support Tools to select the Domain Controllers organizational unit.
2. Select the name of the domain controller (CN=xxxx).
3. Select NTFRS Subscriptions and view the properties of the Domain System Volume Share.
4. Change the property view to Mandatory.
5. Change the FRSRootPath value to indicate drive <NewDrive>.
6. Change the FRSStagingPath value to indicate drive <NewDrive>.
7. Stop and Start the NTFRS service.