When you try to add a Windows 2000 Professional or Windows XP Professional computer to a domain, you receive:
The following error occurred when attempting to join <domain name>. The network path was not found.
This is generally cause by an incorrect or missing DNS or WINS IP address in your TCP/IP configuration.
Make sure these IP addresses are correct:
01. Right-click My Network Places and press Properties.
02. Right click the appropriate connection and press Properties.
03. Select Internet Protocol (TCP/IP) and press Properties.
04. Press Advanced.
05. On the DNS tab, press ADD and type the IP address of a DNS server and press ADD.
06. Repeat step 05 for each DNS server on the network. When finished, use the arrow buttons to arrange the list in the preferred order.
07. On the WINS tab, press press ADD and type the IP address of a WINS server and press ADD.
08. Repeat step 07 for each WINS server on the network. When finished, use the arrow buttons to arrange the list in the preferred order.
09. Press OK until all dialog boxes are closed.