If you receive the subject message, a driver does not handle power state transition requests properly. This most often happems during shutdown or during suspending or resuming from standby or hibernate mode.
You must update or remove the offending device driver or file system filter driver, possibly installed by an anti-virus, remote control, or backup program.
To locate the offending driver:
1. Use %SystemRoot%\System32\Sigverif.exe to check for unsigned drivers.
2. Check for driver updates from your systems vendor.
3. Update any software that contains file system filter drivers.
4. Uninstall non-critical devices and sofware in an attempt to isolate the offending driver.
5. Install an alternate copy of Windows 2000 in a different partition. Add drivers and software until you locate the offending driver.