If you receive:
"Your password must be at least 0 characters long. Your new password cannot be the same as any of your previous 0 passwords. Also, your site may require passwords that must be a combination of upper case, lower case, numbers, and non-alphanumeric characters. Type a password which meets these requirements in both text boxes."
while changing your password, strong password functionality has been implemented but no password restrictions have been set.
Strong password functionality was implemented from SP3 or later by performing the following on your PDC:
1. Copying Passfilt.dll to %SYSTEMROOT%\SYSTEM32.
2. Using Regedt32 to Add Value name Notification Packages as a type REG_MULTI_SZ to:
and setting PASSFILT on a unique line, after FPNWCLNT if it exists.
3. Restarting the computer.
You must them insure your password policy (User Manager \ Policies \ Account ) does NOT conflict with:
1. Passwords must be at least six (6) characters long (not blank).
2. Passwords must contain characters from at least three (3) of the following four (4) classes:
|English upper case letters||A, B, C, ... Z|
|English lower case letters||a, b, c, ... z|
|Westernized Arabic numerals||0, 1, 2, ... 9|
|Non-alphanumeric||Special characters such as punctuation symbols|
3. Passwords may not contain your user name or any part of your full name.
If you wish to disable strong password functionality, on your PDC, edit:
Double-click Notification Packages key and remove the PASSFILT string. Then restart your PDC.