A. To install IE SP1, you typically download the installation wizard, which then downloads and installs the required components. Using this process, you must connect to the Web for every installation.
Alternatively, you can save the entire service pack to disk by performing the following steps:
- Download the Microsoft installation wizard (i.e., ie6setup.exe) from http://www.microsoft.com/windows/ie/downloads/critical/ie6sp1/default.asp .
- Copy the installation wizard setup file into a folder (e.g., ie6sp1).
- Open the Run dialog box (go to Start, Run), then enter the command
"d:\ie6sp1\ie6setup.exe" /c:"ie6wzd.exe /d /s:""#E"
- Click Yes to the license agreement.
- Select the service pack versions you want to download, specify the download location, then click Next.
Click here to view image
The installation wizard will save the installation files locally so that you can perform network installations without connecting to the Microsoft Web site each time. After the download is complete, a dialog box will ask you to confirm using ie6setup.exe in the selected folder to begin installation.