A. By default, ADS stores OS images in the C:\images folder. To change this location, perform the following steps:
- Log on to the ADS server as an administrator.
- Start a command prompt.
- Stop the ADS Image Distribution service by typing
net stop adsimgsvc
- Remove the ADS share by typing
net share ADSImages$ /d
- Move the images folder to the new disk.
- Create a new ADS share by typing
net share ADSImage$=For example, to create a new share called "images" on the E drive, type
net share ADSImage$=E:\images
- After you create the new share, you must change the permissions so the Administrators and System groups have Full Control privileges and Network Service has Change and Read privileges. No other permissions should exist.
- Modify the registry so the Image Distribution service knows where you want to store the images. Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\adsimgsvc\Parameters registry subkey.
- Double-click ImageRoot and change the value to the new path. Note that you must add an extra backslash (\) to the end of the string (e.g., E:\images\).
- Click OK.
- Restart the Image Distribution service by typing
net start adsimgsvc