The following tips discuss configuration of the PDC emulator as the domain's authoritative time server:
To configure the time service on a domain member to synchronize time N times per day:
1. Use your Registry Editor to navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\W32Time\Parameters.
2. Delete the Period Value Name.
3. Add the Period Value Name as a REG_DWORD data type, and set it to the number (N), using the Decimal radix.
4. Set the data value of the GetDcBackoffMaxTimes Value Name, a REG_DWORD data type, to 0.
5. Set the data value of the GetDcBackoffMinutes Value Name, a REG_DWORD data type, to 1.
6. Open a CMD.EXE window.
7. Type the following commands, pressing Enter after each line:
net stop W32Time
net start W32Time