A. Windows 2000 service pack 1 and above CD supplies an add-on to Terminal Services which allows terminal services sessions to be managed via a MMC interface making it easy to navigate between them.
To install perform the following:
- Insert the Windows 2000 Service Pack x CD
- Start Explorer
- Move to the VALUEADD\ECP folder
- Double click Tsmmcsetup.exe
- Click Yes to install the Terminal Services Connections package
- Click Yes to the license agreement
- Select an install location, %ProgramFiles%\Terminal Services MMC Snap-in and click OK
- You will be asked if you wish to read the release notes, click No
- Click OK to the install completion message
- You may need to reboot
Once complete to use perform the following:
- Start the MMC (Start - Run - MMC.EXE)
- From the Console menu select 'Add/Remove snap-in'
- Click Add
- Select 'Terminal Services Connections' and click Add
- Click Close
- Click OK
You can now right click on the root of 'Terminal Services Connections' and select 'Add New Connect' to create a connection to a Terminal Services server.
Select a connection to switch between them and right click and click Disconnect to close.