- Supports TCP/IP, NetBIOS, IPX/SPX, and Advanced Program-to-Program Communications (APPC)
- Open Database Connectivity (ODBC) Level 2
- 16- and 32-bit ODBC apps under NT
- Windows 95 client support
- Extensions for multimedia data types (image, audio, fingerprint, full-text search)
- WWW connection
- Replication, but only as an add-on
- Parallel-processing version in the works
BackOffice Logo Server Requirements
- Microsoft Systems Management Server (SMS) must be able to install and uninstall the software.
- The software must act as a Windows NT service. (i.e., for DB2, users can have single-seat administration from a remote workstation.)
- The software must support TCP/IP and IPX/SPX for network independence.
- The software must provide a unified logon. (DB2 for NT provides one logon to NT and DB2, so DB2 doesn't have to authenticate a user.)