A. There are a number available for NT that I know of.
- Diskeeper - This is available from Executive Software, http://www.diskeeper.com. A free cut down version is available for download, Diskeeper Lite. An update to version 5 is available to enable it to run on Windows 2000.
- Norton Utilities for NT - This contains a disk defragmentation package, http://www.symantec.com
- PerfectDisk 2000 - from http://www.raxco.com which has some new optimization that Diskeeper does not have and supports Windows 2000 out of the box.
- O&O Defragmentation - can be purchased from http://www.oo-defrag.com/index-e.html which I have been informed works well.
- VoptNT - is available from Golden Bow Systems, http://www.goldenbow.com
Windows 2000 has a limited built in defragmentation tool which can be used as follows:
- Start the MMC (Start - Run - MMC)
- From the console menu select Add/Remove Snap-in
- Click Add
- Select "Disk Defragmenter" and click Add. Click Close
- Click OK to the main Add/Remove dialog
- Select the Disk Defragmenter option from Console Root
- Select a partition, Analyze and Defragment