A. Windows 2000 includes version 5 of Dr Watson (DRWTSN32.EXE) which has relocated the log and user dump location to the %systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents\DrWatson. This can be changed by starting drwtsn32.exe and modifying the locations.
These locations can also be changed by directly editing the registry:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DrWatson
- From the Edit menu select New - String Value
- Enter a name of CrashDumpFile if you want to set the crash dump file name and location or LogFilePath to set the location of the log file. Press Enter
- Double click the new value and set to the required location/file name. Click OK
- Close the registry editor