A. As in the previous FAQ if you unselect "Always ask before opening this type of file" for an executable it updates the registry so you are not asked however this can be fixed:
- Start the registry editor (regedt32.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\exefile
- Double click on EditFlags
- Change the 3rd pair of numbers from 01 to 00, e.g. D8070100 to D8070000
- Close the registry editor
For files such as WAV, MOV and AVI (ActiveMovie files) you would modify the entry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\AMOVIE.ActiveMovieControl.2\EditFlags to be 00000000.