A. It is possible to create a share from the command prompt by typing:
net share <share name>=<drive>:<dir> /remark="<description>"
e.g. net share john=c:\data\johndrv /remark="Johns drive"
A share can also be created using Explorer:
- Start Explorer (Start - Programs - Windows NT Explorer)
- Right Click on a directory and select "sharing"
- Click the Sharing tab, and select "Shared as"
- Enter a description and click OK
- The directory will now have a hand on the directory
It is possible to add a $ to the end of the share so it will appear hidden, and not visible from a network browse.