A. When you have multiple applications running and an application that isn't currently in the foreground wants user input, its taskbar entry flashes three times and, after 200 seconds, the application comes to the foreground.
To change the number of times the taskbar entry flashes and/or the delay time before the application comes to the foreground, perform the following steps:
- Start regedit.exe.
- Go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop.
- Double-click ForegroundFlashCount.
- Set the Base value to Decimal, change the number of times the taskbar entry should flash, then click OK.
- Double-click ForegroundLockTimeout.
- Set the Base value to Decimal, change the number of milliseconds to wait before coming to the foreground (or set this value to 0 if you want the application to come to the foreground immediately), then click OK.
- Close regedit.