A. If you run the Desktop control panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Desktop) and select the Plus! tab you can check the box "Smooth edges of screen fonts". This can also be done by directly editing the registry (if you don't have the Plus! tab or if you wish to perform via a logon script etc.)
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop
- If a value FontSmoothing does not exist from the Edit menu select New - String Value, enter a name of "FontSmoothing" (don't type the quotes) and press enter
- Double click the new value and set to 2. Set to 0 to disable. Click OK
- Close the registry editor
To make the change take effect either logoff and then logon or reboot the machine.