A. When you start an Internet Browser they usually perform a check to see if they are the default browser. However, you may have turned this check off and want to change the default browser.
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http
- Expand the tree and move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\command, double click on default and set the string to the command you wish to run for Internet addresses, for example
- "E:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe" -nohome for Internet Explorer
- E:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe -h "%1" for Netscape
- Move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\shell\open\ddeexec\Application, and again double click Default, change to the browser, NSShell for Netscape, IExplore for Internet Explorer.
- You may also want to change the icon associated, move to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\http\DefaultIcon, (do I need to say) double click Default and set to the icon
- %SystemRoot%\system32\url.dll,0 Internet Explorer
- E:\Program Files\Netscape\Communicator\Program\netscape.exe,0 Netscape Navigator
- You should repeat the above for https as well, i.e. HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\https\shell\open\command etc.