A. Below are things to consider.
- Do not have 2 pagefiles on the same physical disk.
- The pagefile should be size of memory +11MB (or 2.5 times size of SAM file, which ever is larger).
- If possible have multiple page files on separate physical disks
- There are some performance gains to be had by placing on a stripe set, however not as much as on separate disks.
- Defragment disk pagefile is on
- Try and make drive NTFS
- Minimum pagefile size is 2MB
To enhance performance, one can create a second pagefile on another physical disk. MOVING, however, is never advised, since it disables the option to create a Memory dump file at a crash (System Properties, Startup-tab). In order to be able to dump the RAM content to the pagefile (saved i.e. as MEMORY.DMP), the pagefile MUST be located (as well) on the boot partition.