A. The in-box email integration for SCSM had a few gaps, particularly around approving change requests via email. However, this problem has been resolved by a new SCSM-Exchange connector that's available for download from Microsoft. Key features of the connector include:
- Create incidents from email (turn off the in-box email solution)
- The sending user is looked up in the CMDB and related to the incident as the affected user.
- The email subject becomes the incident title.
- The email body becomes the incident description.
- Update incident action logs from email
- Resolve or close incidents from email
- Approve or reject change requests from email
- Update change request action logs from email
- Mark manual activities completed from email
- Add email file attachments to work items as attachments
- Send notifications to users from the console
- Emails can be sent in from outside the organization
- Emails can be sent from users that don't exist in the CMDB yet and a new user record will be created for them and related to the incident
If you have SCSM and Exchange, you should definitely implement this connector for the best experience.