A. Before you can use SSL for an IIS server, you must obtain a certificate. To request a certificate from your Certificate Authority (CA), perform the following steps:
- Start IIS Manager--click Start, Programs, Administrative Tools, Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Expand the Web sites, right-click the Web site for which you want to request a certificate (e.g., Default Web Site), and click Properties.
- Click the Directory Security tab.
- In the "Security communications" section, click Server Certificate.
- In the Web Server Certificate Wizard, click Next.
- Select the option "Create a new certificate" and click Next.
- Fill in the necessary details to request a certificate.