A. When you install the High Encryption pack, you must reboot the computer or you might experience problems. Because you didn't reboot the computer before you installed Service Pack 1 (SP1), you need to perform the following steps:
- Go to the i386 folder of the service pack CD-ROM or the i386 folder of the expanded sp1network.exe (use sp1network.exe /x). Insert a blank disk in the disk drive, then type the following command to copy lsasrv.dll to the disk: expand -r <service pack location>\i386\lsasrv.dl_ a:\
- Go to the problem computer and boot from the Win2K installation media. When you see "Welcome to Setup," press F10 to start the Recovery Console (or if you have the Recovery Console installed, simply boot into that option).
- Copy lsasrv.dll from the disk to %SystemRoot%\System32. Press Yes to overwrite.
- Type "exit" to restart your computer.
- Reinstall the High Encryption pack.
- Restart you computer. NOTE: You don't need to reinstall SP1 after performing the above.