A. When you open the Commerce Host Administration folder in the Site Server Service Administration Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in, you might receive the following error message:
Snap in failed to initializeThe edition of Site Server 3.0 that ships with BackOffice Server 4.5 is not the Commerce Edition. The Commerce Host Administration folder administers servers using Site Server Commerce Edition. To resolve this issue, remove this folder from the Site Server MMC console by performing the following steps:
- On the Start menu, go to Programs, Microsoft Site Server, Administration, and click Site Server Service Admin (MMC).
- Click Console, and then click Add/Remove Snap-In.
- Select the Commerce Host Administration folder, and then click Remove.
- Click OK to close the window.
- Select Console, and then click Save to save the console.
You can add this folder back into the console if you load Commerce Edition later.