A. You don't. Exchange 2007 doesn't use RUS. Once all your Exchange 2003 servers have been decommissioned, the RUS is dead and its object can be deleted. If you want to decommission the Exchange 2003 server running RUS and you still have other Exchange 2003 servers, you need to move the RUS to another Exchange 2003 server to make sure addresses are stamped on objects correctly.
See this TechNet page for the correct procedure to decommission your last Exchange 2000/2003 server, including details for the RUS deletion.Related Reading:
- How can I easily install the Windows Server 2008 roles and features that Exchange Server 2007 requires?
- When I try to perform a mailbox move, why do I get errors with accounts that have whitespace in the Name or DisplayName?
- What Mail Server Are You Using?
- Who Says You Need Microsoft Exchange Server?
- Exchange 2007 High Availability
- Creating Policies with Microsoft Exchange MRM
- Using Windows SideShow on a Mobile Device
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.