Sun, 12/13/2009 - 11:00pm
A. You can use Group Policy to configure the recovery options for removable BitLocker protected drives.
Check out hundreds more useful Q&As like this in John Savill's FAQ for Windows. Also, watch instructional videos made by John at ITTV.net.
- Open the Group Policy Management Editor and edit a Group Policy Object that's linked to an organizational unit or domain that contains the Windows clients.
- Navigate to Computer Configuration, Policies, Administrative Templates, Windows Components, BitLocker Drive Encryption, Removable Data Drives.
- Double-click Choose how BitLocker-protected removable drives can be recovered
- Set to this policy to Enabled, then configure the options, such as where to save recovery information.
Click to expand.
- Click OK.
- Close the Group Policy Management Editor.