A. A. By default when a partition has less than 10% free disk space an event ID 2013 is created with the following text
"The disk is at or near capacity. You may need to delete some files".
To view these events use Event Viewer, however it is possible to change the percentage that the alert is created
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe)
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\LanmanServer\Parameters
- If the value DiskSpaceThreshold exists then double click on it and skip to step 5
- If the value does not exist, from the Edit menu select New - DWord value. Enter a name of DiskSpaceThreshold. Click OK then double click on the new value
- Set the base to decimal and enter a value that you want the event to be generated at from 0-99.
- Click OK
- Restart the machine