Kevin Remde is the king of TechNet Radio, providing significant interviews with various Microsoft product managers and execs over the past few years. In the first of a three part interview, Kevin talks with Brad Anderson, Corporate Vice President for Windows Server and System Center, about the upcoming releases for Windows Server & System Center 2012 R2, SQL Server 2014, Visual Studio 2013, Windows Intune as well as several new Windows Azure services.
Brad, you might remember, has been on a keynote trek over the last few months, providing his keynoting skills for MMS 2013, TechEd 2013 North America, and TechEd Europe 2013.
Some of the more interesting parts of this interview include:
- How is Microsoft able to come out with new feature rich versions of its products so quickly?
- With this “cloud OS strategy” in mind, what are the three main engineering pillars each of these products are based on?
- Empowering people-centric IT. What does this entail?
- How can IT support a people-centric scenario?
- How does IT protect corporate data in a BYOD world?
- What’s the significance of “Work Folders”?
Listen in here: