Click the New button and double-click the method you wish to use to create a table.
The most common table creation methods (shown in boldface) are detailed below.
- Datasheet view: Enter preliminary or sample data, after which Access analyzes the data and selects appropriate field types.
- Design view: Design a table from scratch.
- Table Wizard: Use a Table Wizard that assists you in selecting appropriate fields.
- Import table: Import a table from another database or application.
- Link table: Link to an external database such as an Excel workbook or mainframe.