A. In Windows NT :-
1. In control panel/services, choose Remote Access Autodial Manager.
2. Click on startup and choose disable.
In Windows 9x :-
1. In Dial-Up Networking, click the Connections menu, and then click Settings.
2. Click Don’t prompt to use Dial-Up Networking.
You may also get problems with Internet Explorer causing the dial-up (usually with SQL 7). In which case (for any OS) -
1. In Control Panel, double-click Internet, and then click the Connection tab.
2. In the Connection box, select Connect to the Internet using a local area network.
3. Set a local page to be the IE default page so it doesn't try and open www.microsoft.com (or whatever) automatically.
The last problem only occurs with IE versions less than 5.0