Cloud Connections brings together the cloud computing market—IT professionals, IT managers and directors, developers, and business decision makers—to explore cloud computing services and products, deepen technical skills, and determine best-practice solutions for implementing private or public cloud infrastructure and services.
The conference will be held April 17 to 21, 2011, at the Bellagio in Las Vegas and will be collocated with Mobile Connections, which brings together the mobile development market to network and expand skill sets, and Virtualization Connections, which will explore ROI and deep-dive implementation of virtualized environments.
- IT Professionals (systems administrators, architects, network administrators)
- IT Managers and Business Decision Makers
- CTOs, CIOs, or CEOs
We are looking for sessions that help IT professionals master the technical skills they need to consider, plan, and implement cloud solutions; help developers move applications to and build applications for the cloud; and help IT managers evaluate the ROI for cloud options.
We are looking for breakout sessions of 60 minutes in the following areas:
- Public vs. private cloud computing
- Security and compliance
- Cloud architecture (design and platform considerations, data replication, architectural scenarios)
- Application development for cloud
- Emerging trends in cloud computing
- Cloud options in the market today
- ROI of implementing cloud platforms and solutions
- Cloud identity
- Open standards for application authentication
- Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
Suggestions for additional topics are welcome. Because cloud and mobile development are so closely tied as application and backend, presentations that include mobile development considerations are a plus. Sessions that illustrate using virtualization to create hybrid public and private cloud infrastructures are also welcome.
We are also interested in proposals for deep-dive pre-conference and post-conferences workshops (either half day or full day) on the following topics:
- Windows Azure Boot Camp
- Migrating to SQL Azure
- Creating a Scalable On-Demand Infrastructure with Amazon EC3
We are also open to suggestions for additional workshops.
Every speaker is expected to present at least three breakout sessions at the show. Please submit titles and abstracts and include a biographical statement with your proposals to Amy Eisenberg, Executive Editor, IT/Dev Group, Penton Media: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will accept proposals through December 1. Final selections will be made in December.