Q: How can I check on the deployment of a System Center Operations Manager agent and Management Pack download on a new Operations Manager client?
A: There are several phases related to the deployment of a System Center Operations Manager agent and Management Pack download. Your best bet for monitoring is to check Event Log, Applications and Services Logs, Operations Manager. Key events include the following:
- 21023: This is the health service requesting its configuration
- 21024: When a configuration change is detected, the health service will requeste updated configuration
- 21025: The health service has received configuration
- 1200: The health service requests Management Packs
- 1201: Management Packs being downloaded
- 1210: The Management Packs have been applied and the health service will start submiting discovery data