A. You might experience a problem with the DHCP client address if you uninstall Symantec's Norton AntiVirus but leave the application listed as a dependency for the DHCP service. If you check the System log, you might notice the following error:
Error 7003 - DHCP service failed to start because dependency service SYMTDI will not start.
To resolve this problem, perform the following steps:
- Start a registry editor (e.g., regedit.exe).
- Navigate to the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Dhcp registry subkey.
- Double-click DependOnService.
- Remove SYMTDI from the list, then click OK.
Click here to view image
- Restart the computer for the changes to take effect.