A. The DHCP server service can only be install on a NT Server.
- Start the Network Control Applet by clicking on Network from Control Panel (Start - Settings - Control Panel) or right click on Network Neighborhood and select Properties
- Click on the Services tab and click Add
- Select "Microsoft DHCP Server" and click OK
- You will be prompted to insert the NT Server installation CD or say where the i386 directory is
- A warning that all local adapters must use a static IP address and click OK
- Click Close and select Yes to reboot
Under Windows 2000 to install perform the following:
- Start the Add/Remove Programs Control Panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs)
- In the left hand pane click 'Add/Remove Windows Components"
- Click the 'Components' button to start the Components wizard
- Click Next
- Select 'Networking Services' and click Details
- Check the 'Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)' option and click OK
- Click Next and the relevant files and services will be configured.
- Click Finish when all operations have completed
- Click Close to the Add/Remove Programs dialog