Included along with the regular Patch Tuesday releases (read about them HERE), Microsoft has made available a round of new updates for Microsoft Surface devices. One of the devices gets a significant update, two get a minimal support update, and one got nothing at all.
Here's what's provided in the latest updates per model:
Surface RT: Update to allow the use of Japanese Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2.
For those devices running Windows 8.0
- Update to allow the use of Japanese Touch Cover 2 and Type Cover 2.
For those devices running Windows 8.1
- Update to the LifeCam driver to increase TrueColor fidelity.
- Update to the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth drivers to enable improved wireless display performance and to further enhance Wi-Fi network performance and stability.
- Performance improvements for all Type Cover and Touch Cover versions.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth driver updates to improve wireless display performance.
- Camera improvements.
- Audio improvements including switching to speaker playback after disconnecting a headset.
- System performance and stability improvements.
- Battery life improvements.
Surface Pro 2: No product updates were released for Surface Pro 2 in November.
NOTE: Microsoft has yet to make the updates available as downloads for Enterprise deployment yet, but we'll let you know when they are available.