IT/Dev Connections 2015 Online Session Recordings
The Exchange Package
Let's take a deep dive into the best Exchange sessions at IT/Dev Connections 2015! From migration to troubleshooting to storage configuration options, this package features sessions on the hottest topics where you need answers. Order this package today!
End-To-End Exchange 2013 Troubleshooting Scenarios
Presented by Andrew Higginbotham
Troubleshooting on-premises Exchange 2013 servers is still as valuable a skill as ever, even with the current shift toward the cloud. This session goes through several troubleshooting scenarios, focusing on common issues while giving lesser-known detailed tips for diagnosing and resolving them. Potential areas to cover include:
• Performance issues affecting usability
• “Database down” recovery scenarios
• Common DAG/clustering failures
• Common mistakes when virtualizing Exchange and how to recover from them
• Identifying and isolating problem clients
• How Active Directory issues can negatively affect Exchange
• Certificates, namespaces, and client access issues
• Advanced mail flow troubleshooting
Exchange Migration Best Practices and Lessons Learned
Presented by Jeff Guillet
Join this session to learn about best practices and lessons learned from dozens of Exchange and Office 365 migrations. In this collaborative session Jeff covers real-world scenarios for companies of all sizes and discuss the keys to success for any migration project.
Exchange State of the World
Presented by Tony Redmond
What's happening in Exchange and Exchange Online? Find out in this session!
Managing Exchange 2016
Presented by Paul Robichaux
Exchange 2016 will be released in late 2015. The new server will build on the management framework used in Exchange 2013 and the lessons learned from Office 365. This session looks at the many different ways that you can manage Exchange 2016 in various scenarios such as mixed version servers, hybrid with Office 365, and even a greenfield deployment.
Storage Configuration Options for Exchange 2013
Presented by Andrew Higginbotham
The preferred architecture for Exchange 2013 has been well documented, and the recommendations for JBOD are clear. However, there will still be Exchange 2013 deployments on other storage types: RAID, SAN, and NAS. It’s therefore important to know the support stance, pros/cons, and best practices of each. This session describes options and provides guidance on the following:
• Options for DAS: true JBOD (no RAID controller) vs. single disk RAID 0 vs. traditional RAID
• Best practices for disk cache, controller cache, and stripe size settings
• Options for SAN/etc: iSCSI vs. Fibre Channel vs. FCoE vs. VMware VSAN vs. Storage Spaces
• Best practices for jumbo frames, NIC/HBA/switch, and SAN settings
• Virtualization options: VHDX/VMDK vs. iSCSI Initiator inside the guest, etc.
• When NAS is supported and when the story is a bit more complicated
• Useful methods to troubleshoot disk latency when using each configuration
• Jetstress and supportability guidance/strategy
• Tips for navigating vendor white papers, guidance, and support
Ask the Exchange (and Office 365) Experts
Presented by the IT/Dev Connections Exchange experts
An open session panel in which Exchange experts answer your questions about Exchange, Office 365, migrations, hybrid configurations, etc. Do you have a burning question about a session you attended? Do you want advice from experts in the field? This is the session!