On day two of this year’s VMworld 2014 conference in San Francisco, I met with Doug Hazelman, Veeam’s Vice President of Product Strategy, to talk about some of Veeam’s big upcoming events. First, Doug shared the news about the Veeam’s upcoming conference in Las Vegas. Aptly named VeeamOn 2014, Veeam’s first-ever conference will run from Sunday October 5th to Thursday October 10th at the Cosmopolitan hotel. The conference will focus on bringing a new level of availability to your modern data center. Keynotes will be presented by Ratmir Timashev, Veeam President and CEO, and Alexis Ohanian, co-founder of Reddit. You can learn more about Veeam's upcoming conference at VeeamOn 2014
Related: VMworld2014: Vmware's SDDC Is Offering Customers Choice
Doug also updated me on the release of Veeam’s upcoming Veeam Availability Suite 8.0, targeted for Q4. Some of the important new features in Veeam’s Availability Suite include:
- NetApp Integration – Let’s you create backups from NetApp SnapShots
- EMC Data Domain Boost integration – Reduces your backup window by enabling up to 10X faster backup file transformation and up to 50% faster full backups.
- Veeam Explorer for Microsoft SQL – Let’s you restore individual databases including point-in-time recovery through transaction log backup and replay. There are also Veeam Explorers for Exchange and AD.
- Replication enhancements — Built-in WAN acceleration improves the performance of VM backup replication between sites.
- Veeam Cloud Connect – Takes advantage of WAN acceleration to backup VMs to any cloud
You can find out more about Veeam Software’s Availability Suite v8 at: http://go.veeam.com/availability-suite-v8