We’re expecting a flood of new information about Windows Server 2012 and Windows 8 this week, mainly centered around Microsoft’s upcoming BUILD conference (September 13-16) in Anaheim, CA. Our own Paul Thurrott and Michael Otey are onsite in Anaheim to cover BUILD this week, and the floodgate of Windows Server 8 and news should open on the morning of September 14th.
Paul Thurrott has posted a landing page on the Windows Supersite that will be linking to all of his blog posts, photo galleries, and other Windows 8 and Windows Server 8 content that he’ll be posting live from the conference. I’ll be updating this page throughout the week to highlight and link to Paul’s content and posts from some other bloggers and technical editors, including content from me, Michael Otey, Mark Minasi, and Sean Deuby.
A few of us were given an advance look at some Windows Server 8 features last week, and I can promise there will be a ton of information about Microsoft’s next generation server and client OSes to talk about when we can.
Bookmark this page and Paul’s BUILD coverage landing page and keep checking back throughout the week for news and updates on two of the most significant Microsoft product releases ever.
Windows Server 8 Video
- Windows Server 8 Storage Feature Overview (by @jeffjames3)
- Windows Server 8: Hyper-V 3.0 Evens the Odds with vSphere (by Michael Otey)
- Windows Server 8, In Brief (by @mminasi)
- Exploring Windows Server 8 Dynamic Access Control (by @shorinsean)
- What’s New in Windows Server 8 Active Directory (by @shorinsean)
- A Big Week for Microsoft: Windows Server 8 and Windows 8 Details Expected (by @jeffjames3)
- Windows 8 Security Features (by @jeffjames3)
- Windows 8 Refresh your PC Screenshot Gallery (by @thurrott)
- Windows 8 PC Repair Screenshot Gallery (by @thurrott)
- The Excitement BUILDs: Here Comes Windows 8 (by @thurrott)
- Microsoft BUILD: Windows 8 "Reimagines Windows from the Chipset to the User Experience" (by @jeffjames3)
- Windows 8’s GUI: A Tale of Three Desktops (by @mminasi)