A. Microsoft Forefront is Microsoft's new line of business security products that protect against virus, worm, spam, and inappropriate content threats. The product line consists of:
- Microsoft Forefront Client Security (formerly called Microsoft Client Protection)
- Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server (currently called Microsoft Antigen for Exchange)
- Microsoft Forefront Security for SharePoint (currently called Antigen for SharePoint)
- Microsoft Forefront Security for Office Communications Server (currently called Antigen for Instant Messaging)
- Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006
The Exchange and SharePoint solutions will be available at the end of 2006, with the other solutions being available in 2007. The idea is with all the solutions Microsoft can offer an end-to-end solution with the ISA product providing edge-service protection, the client security for the client, and the other solutions for the services in-between (Exchange, SharePoint, and Communications).
The client security solution in particular will be integrated with Active Directory (AD) enabling easy deployment of the solution and its updates, which will include items such as antivirus update definition files all from a centralized console, the Forefront Client Security Management Console. You can find more information about Forefront at https://partner.microsoft.com/global/productssolutions/securityproducts/forefront.