If you're like most people, you probably use Outlook's Calendar for personal as well as business-related appointments, meetings, and reminders. Thus, if you're going to start a new job at a different company, you'll probably want to take that calendar information with you.
Although you could capture all the calendar information from Calendar's default view, there's an easier way. Follow these steps:
- In Calendar on the computer at your current job, switch to the By Category view by selecting Current View on the View menu, then clicking By Category.
- On the Edit menu, choose Select All.
- On the Edit menu, select Copy (if you just want to copy the information) or Cut (if you want to not only copy but also remove the information).
- Write the information to a CD-ROM or another medium.
- In Calendar on the computer at your new job, switch to the By Category view.
- Copy the information on the CD-ROM, then select Paste on the Edit menu.
- Select Current View on the View menu, then click Day/Week/Month to set the calendar back to the default view.