Before you select objects, you must make sure you have the selection pointer (the arrow).
- Click the Select Objects button on the Drawing toolbar.
Once you have the selection pointer, you are ready to select an object.
- Click the object.
When an object is selected, selection handles will appear as dots on the edges and corners of the object. Some objects will also display shaded borders.
- Select a filled object: Click anywhere within the object.
- Select an unfilled object: Click the object's border.
- Cancel a selected object: Click away from the object.
- In the Slide view, you can press the Tab key to cycle the selection forward through slide objects, or Shift+Tab to cycle backward.