Free tools recommended by readers
In the Reader to Reader "Tool Time" column, readers recommend free tools that they've used. Here are the "Tool Time" columns we've printed so far:
- "Tool Time: Inventory, Monitor, and Manage Networks with Spiceworks"
- "Tool Time: Run VMs and More with VMware Player 3.0"
- "Tool Time: Connect to Remote Machines with Royal TS"
- "Tool Time: WinDirStat Simplifies Finding Where Your Disk Space Is Going"
- "Tool Time: Export PDF Text with Pdftotext"
- "Tool Time: Portable Text Editing with PrimalPad"
- "Tool Time: Build and Burn Image Files with ImgBurn"
- "Tool Time: Repartition Windows Servers with GParted"
- "Tool Time: Encrypt Files with AxCrypt"
- "Tool Time: Create PDF Files with PrimoPDF"
- "Tool time: Copy Many Pathnames at Once With Path Copy"
- "Tool Time: Test Connectivity to Remote Email Servers with TestMX"
- "Tool Time: InstallWatch Keeps Track of Installation Changes"
- "Tool Time: SYDI Makes Documenting Servers Simple"
If you use a free tool that you'd like to recommend to others, send us a write-up about it. Just let us know where to get the tool and provide some information about it (e.g., your experiences with using it, the features you like). Send your Tool Time write up to R2R@windowsitpro.com. If your write-up is chosen for publication, you'll receive $100.