When you try to connect a Windows 2000 client to a printer on a Windows Server 2003 x64 Edition print server, you receive:
You do not have sufficient access to your machine to connect to the selected printer.
This behavior occurs if the x86 32-bit print drivers ARE NOT installed on the Windows Server 2003 print server, because, unlike Windows XP which will install the driver from the local driver cache if the driver name on the client and server match, Windows 2000 clients will not install the driver from the local driver cache.
To workaround this issue:
1. On the Windows Server 2003 print server, Start / Run / Control printers / OK.
2. Right-click the problem printer and press Properties.
3. Select the Sharing tab.
4. Press Additional Drivers.
5. Check the Windows 2000, Windows XP, and Windows Server 2003 boxes.
6. Press OK.
7. Type a valid path to the i386 folder of a Windows 2000, x86 version of Windows XP, or x86 version of Windows Server 2003, CD-ROM into the Copy files from box.
8. Press OK