- Hub Transport—Windows PowerShell
- Client Access—PowerShell, Web-Server, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-Metabase, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Digest-Auth, Web-Windows-Auth, Web-Dyn-Compression, and RPC-over-HTTP-proxy (for RPC over HTTP/Outlook Anywhere)
- Edge Transport—PowerShell and ADLDS
- Mailbox Server—PowerShell, Web-Server, Web-ISAPI-Ext, Web-Metabase, Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console, Web-Basic-Auth, Web-Windows-Auth, and Failover-Clustering (if you have a cluster)
- Unified Messaging—PowerShell and Desktop-Experience
- Management Tools—PowerShell, Web-Metabase, and Web-Lgcy-Mgmt-Console
along with the -i switch and the name of the component to install. The following sample command would install Powershell:
Server 2008 has .NET Framework 2.0 installed by default, and you don't need .NET Framework 3.