A. There are two things you need to point at your custom content store—your content share and a registry key, which is often the part people forget. You can update the share using Explorer or the Net Share command.
To update the registry location, perform the following on the App-V Management and/or Streaming Server:
- Start the Registry Editor (regedit.exe).
- Move to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Server. (This is on my 64-bit box. if you're a 32-bit box, remove the Wow6432Node part—it's just HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\SoftGrid\4.5\Server.)
- Double-click SOFTGRID_CONTENT_DIR, shown here.
- Set to the new path and click OK.
- Restart the App-V management and streaming services
You also need to make sure you set the default content path for your new or modified share, which is done through the System Options of your App-V server, as shown.