A: In Event Viewer, under Applications and Services, is an Internet Explorer log. By default, nothing is written to it.
To enable logging, download and install the Application Compatibility Toolkit from Microsoft and perform the following:
- Start the registry editor (regedit.exe).
- Move to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_ENABLE_COMPAT_LOGGING (if the key does not exist, then create it; you might need to create the FeatureControl and FEATURE_ENABLE_COMPAT_LOGGING keys).
- From the Edit menu select New, DWORD value.
- Set a name of iexplore.exe and press Enter.
- Double-click the new value, set the data to 1, and click OK.
When Internet Explorer is restarted, logs should now be written.
Need more help? Still got issues? Check out all of the FAQs for Windows by John Savill.